The Tarot originated in the mid-15th century in parts of Europe where they played it in games such as Italian tarocchini and French Tarot. From the late 18th century until the present, mystics and occultists have used the Tarot deck as a tool for divination or as a map of spiritual and mental pathways. The Tarot deck is more than 500 years old with roots dating back more than 2,000 years. Modern playing cards may actually be a subset of the Tarot.
The Tarot cards are thought to be symbolic of energy or spiritual truths, and each of the cards’ relevance is determined by its position in the spread. Tarot cards are best known for helping people gain wisdom and insight into their lives, but they can also be used to help develop your intuition.
- Tarot is thought to be helpful as it can give someone insight into challenging situations.
- While there may not be any hard and fast rules or proof that Tarot works, it can give someone comfort and solace.
- Some believe that Tarot can help predict future outcomes or give someone a guideline as to things to watch out for in the future.
- One may visit a Tarot reader to gain insight into things like relationships, career options, life choices or even health concerns, amongst many other concerns.
Tarot and Intuition
- Using the Tarot deck to develop your intuition is sort of like examining a piece of art. Each time you look at a complex piece of art, you may notice different things. Just as a work of art may affect each person in a different way, the Tarot deck works the same. Everyone’s interpretation is a little different because everyone has a unique set of filters through which they see the world.
- The cards are actually meant as a tool for divination, not the divination itself.
Selecting a Tarot Deck
- Tarot cards give you many tools to work with from symbols to numerology to beautiful colors and pictures.
- You can choose decks by how they make you feel, and there are no hard or fast rules.
- You don’t have to follow any particular guidelines, you can simply make up your own as you go along.
Meditating With the Tarot
- You can use the Tarot cards to help you develop your intuition by simply studying or staring at the cards and then closing your eyes and concentrating on the image.
- You may even imagine you are inside the card and ask your mind to tell you or show you a message.
Reading the Tarot
- Many Tarot readers use their intuition or psychic abilities to read the deck.
- Tarot cards can tell a powerful story, and they help you tap into your subconscious mind.
- Pictures are one of the oldest forms of teaching, and the pictures on the Tarot can help you tap into your creativity, imagination and insight.
- The more you can tap into the intuitive or right side of the brain, the more you will develop your powers of intuition.
Sensing Versus Seeing
- Many people use the Tarot to help them develop their senses.
- You can pick up various cards and sense any impressions or feelings you might get.
- The message from your inner wisdom or higher self will be the right one for you at any particular time.
- Once you begin developing a relationship with a deck of Tarot, you can use them as a tool to further develop your inner knowledge.
The Tarot has a rich history, and it is rich in symbolism. It can help give you insight and guidance and help you communicate with your higher mind. There is no right or wrong way to read the Tarot, and people can use whatever tools they are drawn to in pursuit of knowledge.
Related Article: How to Shuffle Tarot Cards