Powerful Life Changing Quotes from the Dalai Lama
According to Tibetan Buddhist beliefs, the Dalai Lama is a manifestation of the Bodhisattva of Compassion. Bodhisattvas are enlightened beings who have chosen their rebirths to serve humanity by postponing their own nirvana.
The 14th Dalai Lama was born on July 6th, 1935 with the name Tenzin Gyatso in Taktser village, Tibet to a farming family. He was recognized as the previous reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama, Thubten Gyatso. The Dalai Lama received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989 for his advocacy of peace, mutual respect, and tolerance through non-violence.
We have compiled some of the most inspiring quotes about love, happiness, and purpose from the Dalai Lama.
1. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
2. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.”
3. “Love is the absence of judgment.”
4. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
5. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.”
6. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”