Powerful Buddha Quotes to Act On
Siddhārtha Gautama or Gautama Buddha was the founder of Buddhism. He was born as a royal prince in 624 BC in Nepal. He was called the Buddha because he has achieved his aims in being enlightened. “Buddha” means the “awakened one” or the “enlightened one“.
The Buddha has found answers to many of life’s problems after studying multiple teachings and immersing himself into deep meditation. He lived for 80 years and spent most of his lifetime preaching to others his teachings to lead them to the path of spiritual enlightenment.
Check out some of the Buddha’s insights below. They might change your life!
1) “However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?”
2) “The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.”
3) “A jug fills drop by drop.”
4) “Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.”
5) “To understand everything is to forgive everything”
6) “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”
7) “Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.”
8) “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
9) “In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.”
10) “In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”
11) “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.”
12) “Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.”
13) “There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.”
14) “It is easy to see the faults of others, but difficult to see one’s own faults. One shows the faults of others like chaff winnowed in the wind, but one conceals one’s own faults as a cunning gambler conceals his dice.”
15) “I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.”
16) “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
Source: Spirit Science and Metaphysics
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.