1) “Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” – Louis L’Amour
2) “Do every act of your life as though it were the last act of your life.” – Marcus Aurelius
3) “I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred. I wish the days to be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4) “As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise, you will miss most of your life.” – Buddha
5) “When you realize nothing is lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” -Lao Tzu
6) “Not to be able to stop thinking is an affliction, but we don’t realize this because almost everybody is suffering from it.” – Eckhart Tolle
7) “Let us spend one day as deliberately as Nature, and not be thrown off track by every nutshell and mosquito’s wing that falls on the rails. Let us rise early and fast, or break fast, gently and without perturbation; let company come and let company go, let the bells ring and the children cry, determined to make a day of it.” – Henry David Thoreau
8) “All you really need to do is accept this moment fully. You are then at ease in the here and now and at ease with yourself.” – Eckhart Tolle
9) “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
10) “A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.” – James Allen
11) “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
12) “Dorothy tries to sum it all up before leaving Oz. “It’s that if ever I go looking for my heart’s desire again, I won’t look any further than my own backyard,” she tells Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. “Because if it isn’t there, I never really lost it to begin with. Is that it?” “That’s all it is,” confirms Glinda.” – Joey Green, quoting from Wizard of Oz
13) “How we spend our days is of course how we spend our lives.” – Anne Dillard
14) “The habit of spending nearly every waking moment lost in thought leaves us at the mercy of whatever our thoughts happen to be. Meditation is a way of breaking this spell.” – Sam Harris
15) “There are two types of seeds in the mind: those that create anger, fear, frustration, jealousy, hatred and those that create love, compassion, equanimity and joy. Spirituality is germination and sprouting of the second group and transforming the first group.”– Amit Ray
16) “In meditation we discover our inherent restlessness. Sometimes we get up and leave. Sometimes we sit there but our bodies wiggle and squirm and our minds go far away. This can be so uncomfortable that we feel’s it’s impossible to stay. Yet this feeling can teach us not just about ourselves but what it is to be human…we really don’t want to stay with the nakedness of our present experience. It goes against the grain to stay present. These are the times when only gentleness and a sense of humor can give us the strength to settle down… so whenever we wander off, we gently encourage ourselves to “stay” and settle down. Are we experiencing restlessness? Stay! Are fear and loathing out of control? Stay! Aching knees and throbbing back? Stay! What’s for lunch? Stay! I can’t stand this another minute! Stay!” – Pema Chödrön
17) “Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt, crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can,
tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely,
with too high a spirit to be cumbered
with your old nonsense.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18) “Why do so many of us not give ourselves permission to be alive until we are absolutely assured that we will die? …If we are not in [this present millisecond of life and conscious experience], we are not alive; we are merely thinking our lives. Yet we have seen so many die, looking back over their shoulders at their lives, shaking their heads and muttering in bewilderment, “What was that all about?” – Stephen Levine
19) “In the end, just three things matter: how well we have lived, how well we have loved, how well we have learned to let go” – Jack Kornfield
20) “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
21) “Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh.” – Hugh Jackman
22) “If you clean the floor with love, you have given the world an invisible painting.” – Osho
23) “Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.” – Amit Ray
24) “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” – Henry David Thoreau
25) “Mindfulness helps us freeze the frame so that we can become aware of our sensations and experiences as they are, without the distorting coloration of socially conditioned responses or habitual reactions.” – Henepola Gunaratana
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.