It’s important to answer the question accurately, “What Is Your Life Purpose” because most people get it wrong. You’ll hear a short statement declaring this is my Life Purpose, when in fact all that has been said is a life purpose statement that has been made up. There is a tremendous amount of misunderstanding as to what a Life Purpose is, and therefore mis-information about your precise purpose and reason for being here and the meaning of your life. This has lead to much confusion.
I see it all the time in my clients who have done Life Purpose work, yet are none the wiser as to what their actual purpose is. If you don’t understand what Life Purpose actually is, in other words, if you don’t fully comprehend the definition of the term and all it entails, then you don’t know what you are looking for. You have to know what you are looking for to find it; or to know you have found the right thing when you find something you think might be your purpose. In this article I wanted to Clarify the term Life Purpose to get clarity on the question, “What Is Your Life Purpose.”
Let’s start with the Soul – What Is The Soul?
Some people use Spirit and Soul as interchangeable ideas. A dictionary definition of Soul is, “The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.” So that life force within us comes from Spirit, which is different from the Soul.
The Soul is the animation in us of that life force. The Soul then is sort of an intermediary between our conscious human being Self and Spirit. The Soul is our individuality and contains our individual thoughts, feelings, blueprint for life and life’s experiences – our Mission Blueprint. Having all this data available to it, the Soul is the aspect of our Greater Self that knows what would be the best way for us to express ourselves and live a life of contentment, fulfillment, value and meaning. In other words, how to get the most out of this live we are living.
What Is Our Soul’s Purpose?
Our Soul has a purpose that is different from our actual Life Purpose and Higher Purpose. Many people use the term Soul Purpose when they really mean Life Purpose. The Soul’s Purpose is the same regardless of the individual. That is the purpose of expansion. Your Soul expresses itself by animating your body, working through you for the purpose of expanding – expanding its awareness, consciousness, energy, experiences, understanding, knowledge and abilities.
What Is Your Life Purpose?
Your Life Purpose on the other hand is more precise and focused. Life Purpose is different from Soul Purpose because it carries a greater differentiation and greater meaning in life. While we all have the same Soul purpose – expansion, how you expand, or the best way for you to expand as an individual, is what your Soul has chosen as your Life Purpose.
Your Life Purpose is about your life here on earth, not out there in the spiritual realms. Does that make sense? Your Life Purpose is simply the big picture or umbrella, if you will, of your entire reason for being here. Your purpose is made up of a number of elements including:
1. Your Soul’s Primary Expression Modalities, these are the ways your Soul has determined is best for you to express yourself throughout your life. The way our Soul seeks to expand is through a variety of experiences, plus a number of key expression modalities. It’s super important to find your Soul’s Primary Expression Modalities because these are the clues to where your greatest happiness and success in life can be found. These expression modalities are the biggest clues to how you can monetize your purpose as well. They also give you clues as to what industry or area in your working world you’d most thrive and succeed in.
2. Your life’s challenges and lessons. At the Soul blueprint level, each of us has coded into our life path plan there, a set of primary lessons and challenges we’ve agreed to go through in order to experience the greatest expansion in our lives. These challenges and lessons are also portals to access our higher abilities or super powers if you prefer. These are the abilities we all have within us to do extraordinary things – like play piano beautifully, or become a contortionist, develop accurate psychic abilities, heal people by looking at them, predict the future, and the like. When we rise up to our challenges and life lessons, we are called upon to dig deep within ourselves to find our courage and expand our capabilities. We have the choice to step up, or stay stuck and struggle in life, whenever a challenge comes up on our path.
3. Your “Drivers”. These are things that motivate you and drive you from your Soul level, not at the level of your ego or subconscious mind where the drivers are limiting beliefs. These drivers, at the Soul level are found in your passion for certain activities, ideas or causes. Here’s where you connect with finding meaning and purpose in life.
4. Your “Gift” that makes a difference in the big scheme of things. This is the gift you have that is innate. You naturally do this very thing and you’re gifted at it. It’s important to find and know what this gift is because here we get even more clues as to ‘how’ you are going to carry out your Life Purpose, and how you can monetize it accurately. You may even have several gifts that all work synergistically to succeed in living a life of purpose. In connecting to your gift, you find your natural confidence also and this is important to connect with. When you connect with your special gift, you are also connecting with a natural wellspring of confidence. You may still experience self doubt and hesitation, we all do, but you’ll have the building blocks or foundations to strengthen your self confidence, that you can do the very thing you were born to do, or that you’re thinking you would really love to do.
5. Your Higher Purpose. Within your life purpose blueprint is also potentials of higher expressions of that purpose – Your Higher Purpose. This is where you get to make a bigger difference in your life and experience deeper meaning. Some people come in to this world and step right on into their Higher Purpose as children. Kid President would be one example. Look him up if you haven’t heard of him. Others step into their higher purpose in early adult hood, while others won’t automatically step into that until later on in life. There are some people who won’t ever step into the higher aspects of their reason for being here in this life. If you’re like me, and you didn’t automatically come in to living your Higher Purpose in childhood or early adulthood, your Soul’s call to step up into this higher expression comes to you through one of two experiences, sometimes they dovetail and you could be experiencing both of these:
- Intense dissatisfaction for your current life. Whenever you feel dissatisfied with your life – that is a call to step up and expand and find and follow your higher purpose. That’s the purpose of dissatisfaction. It’s there to call you into expansion so you can not only fulfill your Soul’s Purpose but your higher reason for being here.
- The other experience is when you are living your Life Purpose, doing what you love and knowing you’re on track, but nothing seems to be going as well as you’d hope and you feel frustrated or dissatisfied about that. That’s also a call to step up to yet an even higher expression of your purpose.
Within both your Higher Purpose is your Personal Mission. Sometimes they are the same and sometimes your Personal Mission gives you greater distinctions as to the how you are to fulfill your Higher Purpose. You know it’s time to step into finding and carrying out your personal mission when you think and say statements like:
- I feel like I’m supposed to be doing something else, but I don’t know what that is.
- I know I’m here to do something, but I’m not sure what that is.
- I wish I could just get on with doing what I’m here to do/supposed to be doing.
- I want my life to have more meaning.
- I want to make a difference – make a big difference -make a bigger difference.
These are all thoughts planted into your mind by your Soul, to stimulate you to go searching for what it is you are here to do. It’s your Higher Purpose that will have you living a life of making a bigger difference. It is your personal mission that will make the biggest difference and guarantee you eventual successful outcomes. Hence your Mission Blueprint – What your life mission is, is your Soul’s Grand Plan for your life. Not just a plan for your life, but the Grand Plan for your life, where you get to life a life of Grandeur.
So know you know what Life Purpose actually entails, you’re better equipped to find what your life purpose is? What are the specifics of individual Soul’s Grand Plan for your Life? It is your Soul’s Grand Plan or your Mission Blueprint that reveals the accurate information on your Life Purpose, and so learning how to connect with that Blueprint is your next step.