1. Say goodbye to the voices in your head that tell you that you are incapable of doing something or being someone. They lie a lot, and you should know that by now.
2. Say goodbye to the need for validation. We all need validation from time to time, but you also don’t have to constantly pursue it. As long as you see your utmost potential or how far you’ve come, you don’t need to seek after anyone to affirm that for you.
3. Say goodbye to all the moments you were not so proud of; forget them and remember that you are a human being who is still learning how to live.
4. Say goodbye to the promises you didn’t keep, know that timing is everything, and good things take time.
5. Say goodbye to the self-doubt and the negativity last year brought. It might not be the happy ending you wanted, but it could possibly be the happy beginning you didn’t see coming.
6. Say goodbye to the times you cried and the times you were in so much pain, and give yourself a pat on the back for getting through yet another obstacle. Sooner or later, you will get to the finish line.
7. Say goodbye to the people who don’t want anything to do with you; they are not meant to be in your life for one reason or another. Focus on the ones who do and the ones who care.
8. Say goodbye to the memory you keep replaying in your head, whether good or bad, the one that is keeping you up at night wondering where it went and whether or not it will happen again. You rewinded them and paused them way too many times; now it is time to find something else to watch.
9. Say goodbye to the addiction you had for your phone, or your laptop, or social media, or anything you were voraciously obsessed with. Spend more time with nature, and teach yourself that too much of anything will eventually suffocate you.
10. Say goodbye to the expectations you had for yourself that by now you should have done this or done that. Life can be messy, and the last thing you need is getting attached to its chaos.
11. Say goodbye to all the words people told you about yourself, the ones that made you love yourself a little less. Think of how little these people know about you and your story or why you are the way you are. Think of how some people like to belittle others to feel good about themselves, and while you are it, say goodbye to these people.
12. Say goodbye to the times you were immature, or out of line, or had no common sense. Remember that these are the moments that remind you that you are not perfect and that you are a work in progress. Take it as a humbling experience and move on.
13. Say goodbye to the times you missed someone who didn’t miss you back. Eventually you will not miss them anymore, and you will learn that other people miss you more than you know.
14. Say goodbye to the trip you didn’t take, or the city you never went to, or the wedding you missed, or the opportunities that passed you by. Not everything will go as planned and you don’t have to carry the guilt with you everywhere you go. Let that be a reminder that no matter how hard we try, we will not always be in control.
15. Say goodbye to the all the flaws you keep pointing out in the mirror and the times you really didn’t like who you were looking at. Buy a new mirror if you have to, but more importantly, start liking who you see and change the way you look at yourself.
16. Finally, say goodbye to the thought that next year will be the same and that nothing will ever change, and start saying hello to all the wonderful possibilities, dreams, and opportunities that are waiting to manifest themselves to you.
Source: Thought Catalog